2007-04-29

[名言錦句] From Shall we dance ?

All these promises that we make and we break...why is it that you think people get married? Because we need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet, I mean what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything...the good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mondane things...all of it, all the time, every day. You're saying... Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed, because I will be your witness.
-- Shall We Dance?


我們總是許下承諾,然後又打破……你覺得為什麼人們要結婚呢?因為我們需要有人見證我們的生活。有數以十億的人同在這個星球上,我的意思是:真的是任何人的生活都是有意義的嗎?但是,如果在婚姻之中,妳承諾會照顧好每一件事情……那些好的事、不好的事、遭透了的事……所有的事情、每一個時刻、每一天。你會說你的生活不再是沒有人關心,因為我會關心。你的生活將不再是沒有人見證,因為我就是你的證人。
--摘自「來跳舞吧」


The one thing I am proudest of my whole life, is that you were happy with me. If I couldn't, if couldn't tell that I was unhappy you sometimes, because I didn't want to risk hurting the one person I treasure most. I'm so sorry.
-- Shall we Dance?


我一生中最驕傲的事情就是:「你很快樂的跟我在一起。」如果我不能,如果我不能告訴你:「偶爾我會不快樂」因為我不想冒那樣的險去傷害我最珍惜的人。我很抱歉。
--摘自「來跳舞吧」


Beverly: Why aren't you at the party?
John: Oh, it's a dance…to dance you need a partner. My partner is right here. Beverly, dance with me.
Beverly: I don't know how.
John: Yea, you do. You've been dancing with me for nineteen years.
Beverly: I don't know the steps.
John: I'll teach you.
Beverly: Here?
John: Right now.
-- Shall we dance?

沒有留言: